Saturday, May 24, 2008

Surviving the Apocalypse

It looks like things are going well at my job. We launch on Wednesday; we have been cranking out the work till the cows come home, and it seems to have paid off. We do not have to work this weekend, and I am thrilled, because I can really use a weekend off!

Last night I went out with a group for Jenny's bachelorette party, Jenny of Pete and Jenny who are getting married on Sunday. I'm thrilled for them. We had a great dinner at Casa, a small restaurant in the West Village that serves Brazilian home cooking. The desserts disappointed (don't get the Brazilian chocolate truffles, which are like scoops of frosting rolled in jimmies), but the entrees were delicious. They had this spicy paste that came with my appetizer (a trio of fried pastry things) that people who like hot things were raving over. It was very intense - I'm not a hot spice lover - so getting a little tiny taste on the tip of my tongue was enough for me. But everybody else used it in everything. After dinner we went up to the rooftop bar at the Hotel Gansevoort, where I got to see what NYC nightlife is like these days. I don't party and haven't for years so I've lost touch with what the kids are doing now. We found some sailors in town for Fleet Week to take pictures of Jenny with.

After that I headed home. I believe the party turned a little more "blue" after that; although I haven't heard stories yet, I know that was the plan.

Today we're having a couple couples over to do a little grillin' and then we are going to a double feature, in a drive-in, of "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull" and "Iron Man." It should be spectacular.

Tomorrow Pete and Jenny are getting married in Jefferson Gardens. That should be wonderful as well.

Sunday, I have put my foot down, is for doing nothing.
.

No comments: