Monday, March 3, 2008

I won something in a blog-fundraiser-raffle!

I read about a fundraiser for leukemia that blogger Cairo Kate was doing in honor of her brother who is going through treatment right now for leukemia, and I donated some money toward the thing. I won a prize - the first time I've won anything online! I'm excited. Kate emailed me to say that I won a skein of Jojoland Harmony laceweight, which you can see on this page. It's a lovely color, very ME. I'm psyched. And I'm also glad to say that she had a very modest goal of $500 that she was aiming to raise, but was able to get over $2000 in all in the fundraiser. So that's very cool.

It's glorious weather today and I'm a free woman, so I went over to Montclair to "meet up with some people I know" over there and then tooled home in a relaxed fashion. I went to the local nursery to get some plant stuff and then came home and had a sandwich. When I got home these had arrived for me:





They are from Flawful Fibers. I so admire how professional and tied-together all her products are when they arrive. She wraps up the products in tissue paper, closed up with stickers of gemlike photos of her rovings, and cards with the deets about the fiber, and it all looks so clean and smart. Plus she gave me a free sample.



As I am getting my store started I am looking at how other people do things; she is someone (even though we've not met) whom I look up to as a fiber artist and as a store owner. I really enjoy buying her rovings - they are all so lovely.

I have so much to learn!
.

No comments: