Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sock and spin

Here's one of Johnny's socks in progress:



I'm going today to my first meeting of the Essex Spinning Guild, which should be scary and also informative. At my expression of trepidation about meeting a bunch of new people Adam said "You all have spinning in common, what else do you need?" To which I reply, once you are sitting around spinning you begin to chat about other things and then you determine what if anything you have in common with these people (besides spinning). I'm sure they are all friendly and nice and other than that I have no idea what to expect. So I'm just going to "suit up and show up" and see what the afternoon brings.

Somebody's going to do a demo of Navajo plying, which I've wanted to learn how to do. I'm sure to learn a lot, that's for sure!
.

No comments: