Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Roving to sock yarn

Here is roving I bought in early March from Flawful Fibers. It's 100% fine shetland wool top, hand-dyed in "Strawberry Field" colorway. I think some of their colorways are so beautiful, including this one. I was saving it for a rainy day.



When I was looking at it before spinning I thought it would make some great sock yarn, even though it's not superwash treated and the socks will have to be hand washed, so I split the roving lengthwise and spun it all as consistently as possible so the halves would match. I like it so much that I'm going to keep it for myself.

It's actually still a little damp and over twisted, so I'm drying it with a weight on it to stretch out the twist:



I took a picture of it in curled up skeins even though it's still damp (and then returned it to its drying state, see above).


.

No comments: