Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My parents are coming for a visit

Fortunately the cleaning ladies came yesterday, so the place is clean. I asked Adam to help me try to keep it that way for just two days. Even so I have a lot of straightening up to do this evening if it is going to look as nice as I want it to for them.

I feel bad that the timing worked out the way it did: They are coming over to stay with my bro's kids this weekend and the original plan was for them to come stay with us on Monday night. But that is Adam's bday, and he wanted to spend that with me alone. So I had to call my mom and sort of un-invite them for Monday, which was less than ideal. My mom was totally cool about it but I still felt bad. And then it was hard to find any other time when it would work for them to come.

So they are coming on Thursday night, seeing my place, then we are going to have a quick dinner at a local restaurant. But then, unfortunately, they have to get back in the car and drive another hour to get to my bro's.

No comments: