Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kai's Purple Sweater



This is Kai, our friends Cory and Michelle's little peanut. He is wearing the sweater I knit for him several months ago. Like a dumbass, I forgot to take a picture of it before sending it off to them, and then I had to wait until he was big enough for it (squee!) so they could get me some pics. Now he is big enough, and apparently rapidly growing through the size of the sweater, so it may be that next week he won't be able to wear it anymore. In any case, it was a very enjoyable, and of course fast, knit.



It's made from Queensland Collection Bebe Cotsoy; I've never used yarn with soy fiber in it before, and I liked it. Usually cotton is a little rough on my hands, but the mix of soy with it meant that this was really soft. The pattern is Top Down Raglan Baby Sweater by Carole Barenys, and it was quite a pleasure to knit a sweater from the top down as well as in this yarn. All in all, especially taking how small the thing was and therefore how fast it went, which adds the quick gratification factor, this was a great little project that I enjoyed a lot.

I got a little bit of guff for using purple for a boy. C and M were fine with it, and that's all I care about, really. Kai certainly doesn't care. But, to those who are uptight about purple on a boy, let me just say, get over it! Srsly!

Besides, I used these very boyish blue bear buttons!



Ravelry link
 

No comments: