Thursday, February 7, 2008

Adam lost his car key

So I have combed the house and have not found it. I have great faith in my ability to find things, usually, but I cannot find it. My only conclusion is: that key is not in this house. I hate lost keys in particular. When I was about twelve, our family lost a house key and we all combed the house and yard and cars and everywhere for months and never found it. My dad offered a reward to anybody who found it, $50. I really wanted to find that key, but I never did. It was never found.

Anyway. I'm dyeing some more wool. I dyed it once already, a teal green color, and now am overdyeing it a cobalt blue. I am excited to see how it comes out. The teal only got to most of the wool, leaving some undyed places, so I'm hopeful that the cobalt will get to those spots, and maybe leave some undyed green showing through.

I spun half of the pink I dyed and am tempted just to skein (and then knit) the single as is; it's somewhere between fingering and laceweight as a single, and it's tightly spun, so it'd stand up to knitting just fine. I also want to spin the vomitish mess I dyed last week, some of it at least to see how it comes out. I am sure it'll be ugly, but I want to see for sure.

I can't come up with anything I want to knit. The shawl I've been working on for years (which started as a cardigan but was too small to get around my fat belly once it was up to my armpits and therefore turned into a shawl) is about square now and I am thoroughly sick of it. My plan was to keep knitting on it until I ran out of yarn, but I have two and a half more skeins left and I don't think I can stand to do it anymore. It's pretty, and I feel sure I will never wear it because I have looked at it way too much to see anything but godamisickofthisproject.

I have a dozen or more skeins of lovely sock yarn, including the first installment of the Socks that Rock ("STR") yarn club, and no interest in knitting socks right now. I did a pair of gloves and don't want to make any more. I was thinking about using sock yarn to make a big quilt of squares of aran designs, perhaps the Great American Aran Afghan that Knitter's magazine published from their contest; but I looked through the book and lost my excitement for the project.

This happens to me from time to time so I'm not terribly concerned about it. I just would LIKE to be knitting, yet have nothing I especially WANT to knit.

No comments: