Saturday, March 28, 2009

First day of gardening, 2009

We both got out into the garden and did some cleanup and planting. I bought some ranunculus (ranunculi?) in planters just to put out on the front stoop:



I love ranunculus and hope I can have them in my wedding bouquet, if they are hothouseable (because I don't think they're in season in November). But for now we get to have them on the front stoop.

I also cleaned up the bed under the apple tree, clearing away all the dead foliage from last year, and uncovered the hostas starting to come up:



I tried to take a picture of the budding pear tree and lilac, but they were too hard to photograph yet.

We also did some work on the vegetable garden but I discuss that in the Armageddon Garden Club blog. Please read further over there. :)
 

No comments: