Sunday, July 8, 2007

On the mend

I went to the doctor yesterday because I couldn't take it anymore, and he wrote me a prescription for antibiotics that started making me feel better within two hours of my taking the first dose. Evidence that it was a bacterial infection, not a viral one. I felt better enough by last night that I was on Monster.com looking for a job again.

So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

* * * * *

The job search SUCKS though. I had a couple interviews last week that looked good, one of them a second interview with the company. I thought I did okay with one of them (not GREAT but okay) but fine with the other; however, they both reported to the agency that sent me over there that I was a little light technically for the jobs I was interviewing for, and opted not to hire me. The more this happens, the more I dread future interviews. I don't like what I do and I don't want to dig deep to get more technically solid. So I go into these interviews and I'm fine until they say, I just have a couple basic tech questions I'm going to ask you, and that's when I know it's over. It's just a formality, going through the motions of them flapping their lips (asking questions) and me flapping mine back (spewing nonsense that I hope sounds like I know more than I really do).

What am I going to do?

I am at a perfect dis-ease in my chosen field. I don't care anymore about cutting edge technologies. I don't remember terms for things and I get a sort of selective aphasia in the interviews for them. It sucks.

No comments: